Sterling Silver and Rose Quartz Pendant
The delicate pink of this sterling silver and rose quartz, reminds me of cherry blossoms, gently moving in the warm spring air. This beautiful 22ct cab is nestled in layers of sterling silver swirls. The deep, rich color from two 3mm red wine garnet beads from Mozambique provides a beautiful accent. This is a perfect daily driver that will continue to bring you warm vibes long after the cherry blossoms fade.
Facts and Legends about Rose Quartz:
- Quartz is 7 on the Mohs scale.
- Rose quartz is the gem that commemorates the fifth wedding anniversary.
- Rose quartz has been being used in jewelry as early as 800BC
- Known as the “love stone,” it was said to balance emotions and to heal anger and disappointment.
- Egyptians believed the stone could prevent aging.
- In the Middle Ages, rose quartz was used in healing potions.
- Rose quartz is very common and is found all over the globe.
The pendant comes with an 18-inch sterling silver ball chain.
This timeless, beautiful, handcrafted, heirloom-quality piece of fine art jewelry is gift-ready! It arrives in an elegant matte black box that can be used for long-term storage and is perfect for gift-giving. Don’t forget to check out my article, Caring for Your Jewelry, to ensure your new treasure looks great for a lifetime!
Finished piece is approximately 1.5 inches (3.83cm) long from top of bail x .93 inch (2.38cm) wide x .32 inch (.83cm) deep and is stamped .925 on the back.
- Precious Metal Info:
Fine silver wire
Sterling silver bezel
- Main Stone
Stone: Rose Quartz
Carat Wt: 22ct
Shape: oval cabochon
Mohs hardness: 7
- Accent Stone
Stone: Garnet – Mozambique
Color: Red Wine
Carat wt: NA
Shape: round – center drilled
Mohs Hardness: 6.5-7.5